Monday, June 28, 2010

LeBron + Bosh + Wade trio a possibility?

Today Stephen A Smith proclaimed that LeBron James and Chris Bosh will sign with the Miami Heat to play with Dwyane Wade. Also, we were told that a source close to Wade says Wade believes this will happen, but he will still take his recruiting trips as scheduled.

I find it slightly annoying that Stephen had already made a lot of noise about LeBron going to New York. Also, these rumors are in the wake of being told by a source that Bosh and LeBron to the Bulls was practically a done deal.

The thing about all of this is that Marc Stein and Charlie Villanueva (one of the original NBA tweeters) are tweeting that Bosh will sign with Miami and I actually believe that storyline. After all of these years in Toronto, he is due for some tropical weather. So, if Bosh is signing in Miami, LeBron and Bosh to Chicago cannot happen. If Bosh is not going to Chicago, who will? New York seems to be taking the lead on overpaying for Amar'e and Joe Johnson.

I feel confident that LeBron James and Chris Bosh will leave. I also feel confident that Dwyane Wade will stay. I want to feel confident that this trio will sign with Miami, but I will not allow myself to buy into the hype until I get more concrete evidence. Hypothetically having LeBron, Bosh and Wade for a day felt really good. Hopefully we share this dream with LeBron, Chris and Dwyane and Miami becomes the center of the basketball universe for the next decade.

2 comments:

  1. As giddy as the thought of this makes me, I can't put too much stock into it. Too many conflicting rumors. It's a possibility, but I'm waiting until the breaking news reports come across the ticker about agreements in principle being reached before I break out the champagne.

    Good God, if this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good job by Riley to clear cap space... $1.5M is the buyout figure for Jones, which is manageable. Either way, we have to trade Beasley to pay 3 max salaries... let's see what happens.

    ReplyDelete